While it would be nice to just take a long vacation or check out of work each day for a few hours, most of us have limited time and opportunities to relax. However, we usually do have 10 minutes here and there throughout the day.
Use these methods to relax in as little as 10 minutes:
1. Meditate. The benefits of meditating are many. It’s incredibly popular right now but has been around for thousands of years. Experts often claim that even just one minute of meditation per hour is enough to gain benefits.
I use apps to meditate for at least 10 minutes every morning before I start my day. I find that I am more focused and relaxed throughout the day when I do.
2. Control your breath. Your breath is one of the few parts of your physiology you can control. Slower, deeper, breaths will help you to relax. Focus on the feeling of your breath passing through your mouth or nostrils. Count your breaths if you find that helps.
Visualization can help you relax
3. Visualize a peaceful scene. Our moods follow our thoughts. Think about something pleasant, and you can expect to experience a more enjoyable mood. Visualization is a great way to relax as well as help you with goal setting and manifesting.
4. Spend time with your pet. Pets are a blessing. They require little and ask for even less. They’re always happy to see you. Cuddle up with your pet and notice how much better you feel. Your pet will love the extra attention, too. Don’t have a pet? Borrow a friend’s pet.
5. Talk to a friend. Call up a friend, or even better, have a face to face. A few minutes spent chatting with a trusted confidant can do wonders for your stress levels. You’ll also be maintaining your relationships. A quick coffee date to catch up or a call to share some laughs can help more than you may think.
6. Take a short walk. A long walk is even better, but if you only have 10 minutes, a short walk can help a lot if you’re feeling stressed. Pay close attention to your surroundings while you walk. It will keep your mind off your challenges for a few minutes.
Music can soothe the soul…
7. Listen to music. Music has an amazing ability to alter one’s mood. Think of a few songs that will put you in a mood you’d rather feel. Listen away! If you don’t happen to have those songs available at the moment, YouTube has just about every song available for free.
8. Chew gum. Sounds crazy I know! Chewing gum has been shown to be an effective reducer of cortisol, the primary stress hormone. Many people like to blow bubbles, too. You can lower your stress and amuse yourself at the same time.
9. Sit outside in the sun. Relax for a few minutes on a nice day and enjoy the sun. The warmth on your body can be a great mood booster, and you’ll get a nice dose of vitamin D, too. Now that the weather is turning nicer I have gotten out my hammock and have been lying in it every day!
10. Write down everything that worries you. One way to be less stressed and anxious is to write down everything that’s bothering you. Get it out of your system and down on paper. By externalizing it, you’ll often find that things aren’t quite as bad as you thought.
I have a journal that I write in on a regular basis. It has helped me relax, work through my problems, vent when I am angry… it has been a life saver some days!
If you’re regularly feeling stressed, it’s important to do something about it. Not only is it miserable to feel stressed all the time, but it’s terrible for your health.
If you want to relax, make time for it each day. Ten minutes can be enough to take the edge off your stress levels. Don’t allow 10 minutes to go to waste. Use them to relax!
Here are some other recent posts you may be interested in:
*This post may contain affiliate links to products or services that I recommend. I do receive compensation for products ordered, however that does not reflect the price you pay for the items.
What do you think?